Wednesday, January 23, 2008

King Corn, Garden & Kanaio

Aloha! King Corn is coming Feb 20 to be shown in the castle theater at the Maui Art and Cultural Center. If you haven't yet signed up for our website newsletter announcing this event. Please do so at this time. www.MauiAlohaAina.org
Hope to see you all there on the 20th of Feb..........

Life has been very full yet when my daughter requested to clear so we could plant a garden I slowed down enough to do just that.



Amazing how having a garden is a good way to slow it all down while giving nutrient dense food to us.

Was up in Kanaio the other day checking on the sweet potato I have growing out in the wild, its been doing well considering the wind and lack of rain it has endured.
I found a pocket of runoff soil that deposited down below the site and brought that up to the hole it is planted in, that along with leaf matter that had been collecting from under a tree and put that material on top. Hopefully to add in the humas of the soil to help keep it from getting hydrophobic. The soil gets so dry there that it doesn't allow the water to soak in.Each time I go I bring two gallons of water to the site I hike down to. So hopefully there will be some rain soon although like I said it looks good considering.
When I get back to the country cabin on the property I like to hang out....

it keeps my spine flexible from the wear and tear of heavy lifting and cultivating. Ah and what a view it is, even upside down...

No comments: